- Two pre-boiled maize on the comb.
- Two glasses green peas (Minji).
- Two medium-sized tomatoes.
- Two medium-sized onions.
- Three carrots.
- Avocado (Optional)
- Remove maize from comb. (Must be soft maize)
- Boil the minji and carrots in salted water until you achieve desired texture. (I like mine not mushy).
- When green peas are done, Saute onions in some oil until golden brown.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook on low heat until it turns to a thick paste.
- Throw in the maize and the pre-boiled minji and carrots.
- Fry in the paste for five minutes stirring occasionally to ensure you don’t burn them.
- Season with desired choice of spices. For this recipe i used, Black pepper, Royco Beef cubes and garlic powder.
- Serve hot with avocado or strong tea.
Enjoy Kenyan meals with a twist.