- 1/2 Kg fish
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup green peas
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 Glasses rice
- Bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
- Start with the rice. Rinse well to avoid having it stick on the sufuria.
- Chop the Tomato, Bell pepper and carrot into small cubes and put into 4 cups of salted boiling water (for the rice).
- As it cooks, boil the green peas(Minji) until halfway done.
- In a pan or sufuria. Fry the garlic until slightly brown then add in the pre-boiled peas. Fry in the garlic for 4 minutes or done to your liking. Spice with black pepper and some salt.
- In a cup, mix 1 cup of water with a spoonful of royco mchuzi mix.
- pour in a sufuria and bring to boil. Keep stiring so that it doesn’t stick. Boil under medium heat until you get a thick sauce around 7 minutes.
- Set aside to cool abit then add in the peas you had fried in garlic.
- Mix well then add two heaped spoonfuls of mayonnaise (More if you like it that way).
- blend all the mixture well and refrigerate for 30 minutes. If you ain’t got a fridge like me you can just let it cool.
Don’t forget the rice.
- For the fish fillet, slit it on the sides and flavor it with lemon juice, Black pepper and fish Masala.
- on a hot pan, heat some oil then put in the flavored fish fillets. Cook each side until golden brownish checking with a fork to ensure it cooks evenly.
Serve hot with the garlicky mayonnaise peas sauce