For the Pockets
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tspn Oil
For the filling
- 300g Minced meat
- Spring onion
- Black pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Dhania (Optional)
- Oil for frying
- First start with the fillings so that we can give them time to cool.
- In a sufuria with oil, fry the spring onions until translucent.
- Add in the minced meat and lower the heat.
- Cook under low heat without water for around 7 minutes. Stir occasionally so that it does not burn.
- Add the dhania and spice with black pepper, Chilli flakes and salt.
- Taste to see if it’s done then set aside to cool.
- For the pockets,
- Mix the dry ingredients i.e flour and salt.
- Add in the water little by little while kneading.
- You should have a soft dough not tough.
- Add a teaspoon of oil and continue kneading till smooth.
- Divide the dough in small balls. Should make around 7-9 balls.
- Dust the working table with flour and roll the balls into circles around 24cm diameter or bigger if you want big samosas.
- Apply oil on one side of the circular dough and combine with another circular dough to make two layers.
- Heat you non stick pan, put a tea spoon of oil the wipe with kitchen towel.
- Fry the layered circular dough on each side until you see little swellings. Don’t brown them.
- Repeat with the other balls till done.
- Slice into semi-circles then peel out the layers fr each other. This should be easy because of the oil we had applied.
- Mix a tea spoon of flour with a tsp of water to make a paste for sealing.
- Hold the semi-circle such that the straight side is at the top. Apply the sealing paste half way the straight line the fold it on a 45 degree angle then seal aligning the bottom curve.
- Now fold the remaining flap on top of the just sealed flap. It should align perfectly with the right side of the pocket.
- Repeat with the other pockets.
- Not put in the fillings into the pockets the seal the top part.
- Ensure it is tight not to allow oil to sip in, otherwise the samosas will be soggy in oil.
- When done, put some oil in a wok until hot.
- Put the samosas in the hot oil and fry each side till golden brown.
- Remove and set in paper towels to drain excess oil.
Enjoy with you favorite cup of tea!!!!