- 1/2 chicken
- 3 Cloves garlic (Crushed)
- Ginger (Crushed)
- 3 Large onions
- 1/2 cup milk
- Chicken masala
- Chilli flakes
- Black pepper
NB: If you don’t have an oven you can buy the grilled chicken usually sold at Nyama choma joints.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Brush the chicken with some water with 1/2 of the crushed garlic and some salt.
- Lower the oven temperature to 180 and put the chicken in the oven.
- Grill for about 20 minutes or until it starts turning brownish then remove from oven.
- Saute your onions in a little oil till translucent.
- Add in the remaining garlic and ginger and fry till they release an aroma.
- Now add the grilled chicken and stir without covering until it is almost burning.
- Now scrap off the bottom of the sufuria to remove any bat may be stuck in it.
- Add the milk at this point, low the flame and cover.
- Cook under low heat for about 8 minutes or until the milk reduces.
- Flavor the meal with Chicken Masala, black pepper and chilli flakes.
- Simmer till the sauce thickens.
Serve with short grain coconut rice!!!