- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 cup milk (Warm)
- 4 Tbsp normal sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbsp margarine (Melted)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted margarine.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl mix the yeast, 4Tbsp sugar, salt and milk. Stir well to combine and set aside for about 5 minutes or until frothy.
- In a separate bowl or sufuria, put the flour, and add in the frothy yeast and milk mixture. Also add the melted margarine and egg and start kneading like you do with Chapati. (The dough should be soft not tough but not sticky).
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread melted Margarine all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the dough. Sprinkle with raisins/sultanas. Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
Coat the bottom of baking pan with margarine and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes. Lower the heat to 180 degrees and bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
When rolls are ready let them cool then lightly brush with honey or a glaze of your choice.