- 1Pkt Pork/Beef Sausages
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp Active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Margarine
- 1 egg
- Set you oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- First fry the sausages almost half-way done and set them aside to cool.
- In a bowl put the yeast, salt, sugar and half of the warm milk.
- Stir and set it aside to foam. This should take like 5 minutes.
- As you wait, mix the flour with the margarine and crush the margarine to form small lumps (Like bread crumbs).
- Now add in the frothy yeast, salt and sugar mixture. knead well till you get a soft but not sticky dough.
- Apply some margarine into another bowl, put the kneaded dough and cover. Put it in a warm place for around 45 minutes or until double in size.
- Transfer the dough into a floured surface and press it down.
- Separate the dough into balls the size of golf balls. Should make around 4-6 balls..
- Now roll the balls into long middle sized strips.
- Now roll the strips around the deep fried sausages from one end to the other. NB: do not make the strips too thin. Should be a bit thin so that after baking they become puffy.
- Mix the egg with a tsp of water and beat well then brush it on the rolled sausages.
- Arrange them on a baking tray lined with a parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes or until they have a nice golden color.
Serve with Masala tea and enjoy!!!!