- Burger buns (White or Brown)
- Cheese sheets
- 1 Tomato (Cut into rings)
- 1 onion (Cut into rings)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 300g Minced meat
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- Black Pepper
- Lettuce (Optional)
- First prepare the burger patties. Mix the minced meat, with the crushed garlic cloves, a pinch of salt, black pepper and the egg. Mix well to incorporate everything.
- Next wet your hands and shape the mixture into fist sized balls then flatten them.
- Repeat this process till all the mixture is finished.
- Now there are two ways of making the patties. One you can steam the then lightly brown them on a pan or you can bake them in an oven for 20-30 minutes in 180 degrees Celsius temperature. If baking, Line your baking tray with an aluminium foil then arrange the patties on the tray.
- For the tomatoes and onions, i like to brown them a little on a hot pan with a little oil. Put some oil in a pan and let it be very hot then place the onion and tomato rings on the pan. Fry both side till the brown a little. (Don’t let the cook, just browning)
- When done the remaining part is the easiest. Cut the burger buns lengthwise then start stacking it. First arrange the tomato rings, then the onion rings, some mayo, then line with a cheese sheet, then the burger patty. Another layer of the tomatoes and onions then finally another cheese sheet. NB: You can stack as many burger patties as you please. Just repeat the procedure.
Enjoy with some potato wedges and veggies!