- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 tbsp cardamon powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup warm milk or water
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg + tsp water
- 4 tbsp margarine
- Set you oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Mix the warm milk/water with the yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well and set aside to proof for about 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, cardamon powder and baking powder. When well mixed, add the margarine and crush it with your fingers mixing with the flour till it forms small crumbs now add the raisins.
- Make a well and add the egg and yeast mixture then fold in the flour mixture. Knead slowly but don’t overwork it. The dough should be slightly sticky not tough. Set it on a floured table and knead a little then roll it out into a circular disc about 1 1/2 cm thick.
- Now get a cup and cut out circular disc from the large disk. Make sure the spaces between one disk and the other as minimal as possible so that you yield as much buns as possible.
- Apply some margarine on a baking tray, dust it with some flour then arrange the buns on the tray now set it in a warm area for around 30 mins and allow it to rise almost double their size.
- When doubled, brush them with the egg wash (egg + 1 tsp water) the bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until the start browning at the top.
- Let the cool and dust with icing sugar.
Serve with Masala tea!!!