- 2 Cups self-raising flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 Eggs (Separated)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- Mix the milk with the separated egg yellows and mix well. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites till milky.
- In a bigger bowl, mix all the dry ingredients i.e. flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and sultanas.
- Now add in the whisked yolk-milk mixture bit by bit. the mixture should be thick not runny like for normal pancakes. Now add the egg whites and fold in everything well. Dont overdo the mixing.
- Now add in the oil then prepare your non-stick pan.
- Put a little oil on the pan and spread it. Pour the batter in small pools and don’t spread it. I made four pools on the pan. The flame should be medium so that they don’t burn.
- Scoop some nutella and drop it at the centre of each pancake then cover with a little batter. Cook the first side for about 2-3 minutes checking regularly not to burn. When golden, flip the pancake. (This is the tricky part because the top park is a little wet but with practise and improvisation you will nail it!) Cook the other side for the same amount of time or till golden. Then set aside the first set of pancakes.
- Repeat till all the batter is used. Garnish with strawberries or coat with honey/maple syrup.
Enjoy warm with a hot beverage!!!