- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup chopped apples
- ¾ cup chopped mangoes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Lightly grease your loaf pan or baking sufuria with margarine and dust with flour.
- In a medium sized bowl, add all purpose flour and baking soda and lightly toss until combined.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, add a beaten egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients are incorporated. Next, add buttermilk and vegetable oil and whisk until just incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix until there are no more pockets of flour. Make sure that you scrape the bottom the mixing bowl to get all of the flour.
- Lightly toss the chopped apples and mango in a little bit of flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom. Fold the apples and mangoes into the dough.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake the bread for about 50-60 minutes. You may need to cover the bread with aluminum foil at around 35-40 minutes to prevent the top of the bread from becoming too brown. At around 50 minutes, test the bread with a toothpick through the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done. If the toothpick is covered in batter, bake the bread for a few more minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool down before cutting it.
Serve the bread warm with your favorite beverage!!!