This is one of the recipes that is really easy to prepare. Doesn’t have complicated steps and trust you me you will enjoy every step of it. It’ll take you around 1 hour and about 30 minutes to get everything done but it’s totally worth it.
- 3 cups all purpose flour.
- 1 egg.
- 1 cup warm water/milk.
- 1 1/2 tspn baking powder.
- 1/2 tspn salt.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast.
- 2 tbsp margarine.
- 1 tspn vanilla extract.
- 1 tspn Cinnamon/Cardamon powder (Optional)
- Mix the yeast, sugar and salt then add the warm water/milk. Let it sit aside for around 5 minutes or till frothy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and the cinnamon/cardamon powder. Add the margarine and crush to form little crumbs.
- Take the sugar mixture and add in it the egg and vanilla extract then mix well. then add into the flour mixture.
- Knead well adding flour slowly till you get a soft but not sticky dough.
- Apply some margarine in a bowl then put the dough in the bowl. Cover and put in a warm place for around 45 minutes or till double its size.
- Cut small portions of the dough and roll them into golf-sized balls then flatten them allitle so that when you cook they have the bun shape.
- Set them aside and let the rise allitle. Around 10 minutes. Don’t let them double in size as they will have large air holes inside. You need them fleshy inside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and deep fry the buns till golden brown.
- Set them in paper towels to cool then slice lengthwise and apply plenty of nutella.
Serve with Masala tea!!!