- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup drinking chocolate
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Lightly grease your baking tin or baking sufuria with margarine (I prefer Vanilla flavored prestige) and dust with flour.
- In a medium sized bowl, add all purpose flour, cinnamon powder, drinking chocolate and baking soda and lightly toss until combined.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, add a beaten egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients are incorporated. Next, add buttermilk and vegetable oil and whisk until just incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix until there are no more pockets of flour. Make sure that you scrape the bottom the mixing bowl to get all of the flour.
- Pour the batter into a baking tin. Bake the cake for about 50-60 minutes. You may need to cover the bread with aluminum foil at around 35-40 minutes to prevent the top of the bread from becoming too brown. At around 50 minutes, test the cake with a toothpick through the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. If the toothpick is covered in batter, bake the cake for a few more minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool down before cutting it and layer with Nutella or any frosting you like.
Enjoy with favorite drink!