- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast. (1pkt)
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 3 tablespoons melted Vanilla Prestige, slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melted Margarine for basting rolls
- Combine yeast and lukewarm water in a bowl and let stand for 10 minutes (until yeast starts to foam and bubble).
- Add milk, melted margarine and sugar to the yeast mixture and give it a good stir. Add 1 1/2 cups of flour to make a medium batter. You’re looking for a pancake-like consistency. Next, add egg and salt and incorporate well. Add remaining flour and continue mixing for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth.
- Sprinkle some flour onto the counter and place dough on top. Let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grease another bowl with oil and place dough inside. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and place in a warm place until dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour. (I placed mine inside a warm oven)
- Remove from oven and punch dough down. Place dough on floured surface and roll out into a square about 1/2 inch thick. Using a knife, cut dough into desired shapes. Place dough squares onto a baking pan spread with some margarine and dusted with flour. Cover with a towel and let rise again until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 10-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately baste with melted margarine. Serve rolls warm.