- 4 Matokes
- 4 Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Margarine
- 2 cloves garlic (Crushed)
- A bunch of Dhania
- 1 Large onion
- Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Garam powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- First pre-boil the matoke together with the potatoes in salted water.
- Drain the water when done and set aside covered.
- Meanwhile, Fry the onions in oil till golden brown. Add in the crushed garlic and fry till it releases its aroma.
- Now add all your spices, lower the heat and let the spices soak in the onion mixture for about 2 minutes.
- As you wait, put the margarine in the matoke and mash them up till smooth. You can add a little milk if you find it hard but it shouldn’t be.
- Now check the onions and the add your mashed matoke and potatoes. Next add the chopped dhania and mix everything well till incorporated.
Serve warm with goat stew.