- 1/2 kg lean beef steak
- 6 Matoke bananas
- 1 cucumber (Cut to rings)
- 3 carrots (Cut to Strips)
- 200gms French beans (Chopped in half)
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic (Crushed)
- Chili flakes
- Soy sauce
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- Before beginning, cut the beef into medium thin flat pieces and beat it with a rolling pin to make it tender and flat. Next season the beef with salt and pepper then dip it in the soy sauce and lemon marinade the let it stay in for around 1 – 1/2 hours. Best to refrigerate if you have a refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, peel the bananas and wash them thoroughly then chop it to medium sized rings.
- Boil in salted water the bananas for around 5 minutes till they are just becoming slightly soft on the outside.
- Set aside and start heating oil in a wok or sufuria. When hot add the bananas and lower the heat to medium and fry in oil till they start to slightly brown. Remove from the oil and set in paper towels to drain excess oil.
- For the veges, boil in salted water for around 3 minutes then remove and wash with cold water (It’s called blanching).
- Now fry the onion till golden brown then add the garlic & fry till it releases a nice aroma.
- Next add the pre-boiled veges except for the cucumber. Fry on low heat for around 3 minutes then add the cucumbers. Season with chilli flakes and some salt if need be then cover and let it cook for around 2 minutes then set aside.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat a frying pan with around 2 tbsps of oil then place the beef pieces on the hot pan. Fry the pieces pressing them down on the pan as the usually tend to shrink a little. Repeat the same with the same on the other side. Should take around 8-10 minutes per side.
- Now remove and place on an aluminium foil. Pour over the steak the juices on the frying pan then wrap them up nicely.
- Place into the oven and roast for around 15 minutes wrapped then open up the wrap so that the juices released can reduce. (Be careful not to burn yourself).
- Close the oven and roast for 5 more minutes o0r till it’s done to your preference.
- Remove from oven and slice the steak, pour the juices over the sliced steak and the serve your meal.
Enjoy while hot!