Hello Food Lovers,
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. So i decided to experiment of one of the kaimati recipes I have and add a little twist. The result was these delicious finger licking snack and breakfast accompaniment.
Enjoy reading it, trying it and eating it.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cardamon powder
- Mix all the dry ingredients i.e Flour, sugar, salt, and cardamon powder. Make sure that everything is incorporated well.
- Next add the margarine and mix everything with your fingertips until you get a crumbly mixture. Should resemble sand particles. This ensures that you get soft kaimatis.
- After that crack your egg into the mixture and mix further to ensure that the egg is evenly spread. At this point you can add the warm milk little by little to come up with a soft and not sticky dough.
- Next apply some margarine on your ball of dough and put it in a bowl then cover with a cling film/paperbag/ towel and set in a warm place for around 15 minutes. (I place mine inside a warm oven)
- Start heating your oil in a wok or Sufuria. As it heats, roll your dough in a lightly floured surface until it is around 1cm thick. Cut it into squares of around 5cm squared.
- Now scoop a little Nutella and place it in the middle of the squares, you will just know the right quantity as you continue with the others. When done, pick the opposite tips diagonally and stick together do the same with the other diagonally opposite tips. The essence is to completely seal the kaimatis and prevent the nutella from spilling.
- Dip into the hot oil and cook till they turn into a golden brown colour.
- Remove and set in paper towels to drain excess oil.
Enjoy warm with tea!!!