- 200g of self raising flour
- 5tsp sugar
- 6 tsp Margarine
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Any dry spice you love in your mandazis or cake
- Add the margarine to flour and rub with fingers.
- Ensure mixture is well mixed to have soft fluffy end product.
- Add 1 egg and Mix evenly. Knead everything up properly, we have not added any liquid you can add little milk if dough is too dry.
- Cover in film and allow to sit for 10 mins. (I put mine in the oven)
- Flatten to roll, you will notice the dough isn’t elastic.
- Shape using a cup or any circular tool you have.
- Put your oil in fire and let it heat up. I t shouldn’t be too hot as the mandazi cakes will burn.
- Drop them carefully into hot oil. Oil will turn out bubbly due to egg in the dough also because the cakes/Mandazis are so light, soft and crumbly.
- Cook till they turn into a nice golden brown color.
- Remove from oil and pat excess oil on paper towel.
- Let them cool abit.
Serve with beverage of choice.