- Sossi Soya chunks
- 1 large tomato (Finely chopped)
- 1 large onion (Chopped into small cubes)
- 4 cloves of garlic (Crushed)
- Medium sized ginger (Crushed)
- Soy sauce
- 1/2 tspn Black pepper
- Chilli flakes (Optional)
- 1 tspn Garam Masala
- 1tspn beef masala
- 1 tspn Cumin seeds
- Knoor beef cube
- First boil your Sossi Soya in salted water for around 4 minutes then remove from hot water and wash with cold water. This is aimed at making the chunks soft like meat.
- Next saute the onions in some oil till the turn translucent and soft then add the crushed garlic and ginger. Cook till they release a nice garlic/ginger aroma.
- Now add the cumin seeds, and mix everything together. After they are all mixed, add the soya chunks; stir till it all covered with the onions and the spices. Add the tomato and cover. Cook for 5 minutes stirring regularly so that the meal does not burn.
- Now open your pot and add the soy sauce, beef masala, garam masala, black pepper and the beef cube. Mix everything up well and add the chilli flakes if you want it spicy. Add a cup of hot water, lower the heat and cover. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the stew thickens.
- When the stew thickens, add the coriander, cover and remove from the fire ready to serve.
- Serve with rice and plantains. (You can get the Plantain recipe here.)