- 1/2 or full chicken
- 1 tbsp Garlic and ginger crushed
- 1 medium sized onion cut into rings
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Black pepper
- Set your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut your chicken into sizeable pieces then place on a tray.
- Apply all the ingredients above except for the onions. Make sure that the chicken is covered well.
- Set it aside and let the mixture soak in for around 10-15 minutes as the oven warms.
- Now line a baking tray with an aluminum foil and apply some cooking oil on the foil.
- Place your marinated chicken on the foil and put it in your preheated oven.
- Close the oven and let the chicken roast for around 20-25 minutes as you monitor the progress. Open your oven and place the onion rings evenly ontop of your chicken, then wrap up your chicken with the foil so that it does not lose all its juices and dry up. *you can also add some coriander for extra flavor before wrapping.
- Let it roast for additional 10 minutes or to your liking then remove from oven.
- Serve your chicken with this Matoke-potato mash.
Enjoy with some Kachumbari!!!